Richard Stockton College Athletic Training

Intercollegiate Athletic Insurance- Primary Coverage
Reminder:  This information on insurance coverage is a general guide only, it in no way
 replaces or supersedes the information provided in the coverage policy.

You must be certain your athlete has no other insurance before you consider
Bollinger the Primary Insurance Carrier.  A mistake here will delay claim
processing and may result in a denied claim.
Name of Insurance Company: Bollinger Insurance
Address of Insurance Co:  PO Box 727, Short Hills NJ 07078-0857
Name of Policy Holder:  Richard Stockton College-- Athletic Injury Policy
Policy Number: C801
Primary Links
Comeback Athletes
Certified Staff
Insurance Info
Visiting Team Info
Student Staff
Former Staff
Published Articles
Our Links
Outside Links
Athletic Injuries

Secondary Links
Sports Nutrition Archive
Rehab in Action
Rehab Wall of Fame
The ACL Page
Concussion Page
Athletic Training Survey
Athletic Injury Update
Rehab Archives
  1. How is my son or daughter covered by the athletic insurance policy? 
  2. Who will file a claim with Bollinger?
  3. What is covered by the athletic policy? 
  4. What does Bollinger require to process medical bills?
  5. What is our responsibility in this process? 
  6. Where do we send bills and EOB's? 
  7. Who can we contact with questions or problems?

1.  How is my son or daughter covered by the athletic insurance policy?  
In order to be eligible for coverage each athlete must pass their athletic physical at Stockton College.  Once cleared medically to participate, every intercollegiate athlete is covered automatically. Back to questions. 

2.  Who will file a claim with Bollinger?  
All athletic injury claims must be filed through Athletic Training Services.  Therefore, injured athletes should report their injury to the Coordinator of Athletic Training (Jon Heck) and discuss their injury situation before seeing a physician.  Failure to do so may forfeit coverage for that injury.  Obviously this does not pertain to emergency or emergency room situations where immediate medical care is required.  Back to questions. 

3. What is covered by the athletic policy?  
Generally, the policy covers athletic related injuries that occur during supervised and scheduled athletic practices and games.  All of the following will be considered by Bollinger with the proper paper work (this is not a complete list, however): 
1. Prescriptions 
2. Hospital Bills 
3. MRI/ Diagnostic Testing Bills 
4. Emergency Room Bills 
5. Physician Bills 
6. Knee Braces 
***You should obtain a receipt & itemized bill for any bills you pay directly yourself.  Back to questions. 

4. What does Bollinger require to process medical bills?  
1. A injury claim must already be filed (see # 2). 

2. An Itemized Bill from each service provider. An Itemized Bill details the charges for each item that makes up the total bill. A bill that only shows a "total charge" is not acceptable to process a claim. 
****Unless Bollinger has these items, a bill will not be considered. Back to questions. 

5.  What is our responsibility in this process?  
1. Obtain all of the required itemized bills and receipts required by Bollinger. 

***We suggest you make a folder and keep any and all of the information you receive regarding the athletic injury here for future reference. Back to questions. 

6.  Where do we send bills?  
Once you obtain itemized bills, and/ or receipts, copies should be sent to the following address: 

Richard Stockton College 
Jon Heck- Athletic Training 
PO Box 195 
Pomona NJ 08240-0195 

We will then forward the paperwork on to Bollinger with the identifiers they require for claim processing.  We will also keep a copy of all paperwork in the athletes file for future reference.  Back to questions. 

7. Who can we contact with questions or problems? 

From Stockton: 
Jon Heck 
Coordinator of Athletic Training 

From Bollinger 

  Secondary Claims Contact   
Robyn T. 
1800-526-1379 ext.8031
Claims Supervisor 
Don Jenkins 
ext. 8007
Senior Vice President 
Joe Mignon 
(pronounced, "Minyon") 
ext. 8055
 Back to questions.
Questions or comments regarding the Athletic Training Pages should be directed to 
Jon Heck at: