Richard Stockton College Athletic Training

Intercollegiate Athletic Insurance- Secondary Coverage
Reminder:  This information on insurance coverage is a general guide only, it in no way
 replaces or supersedes the information provided in the coverage policy.

Name of Insurance Company: United HealthCare (Student Resources)
Address of Insurance Co: PO Box 809025: Dallas, TX 75380-9025
Phone Number 1800-505-4160
Name of Policy Holder:  Richard Stockton College-- Athletic Injury Policy
Policy Number: 2008-201945-8
Copy of the Policy Web Version
NCAA Catastrophic Injury Insurance Webcast Policy
Primary Links
Comeback Athletes
Certified Staff
Insurance Info
Visiting Team Info
Student Staff
Former Staff
Published Articles
Our Links
Outside Links
Athletic Injuries

Secondary Links
Sports Nutrition Archive
Rehab in Action
Rehab Wall of Fame
The ACL Page
Concussion Page
Athletic Training Survey
Athletic Injury Update
Rehab Archives

1.  How is my son or daughter covered by the athletic insurance policy?  
In order to be eligible for coverage each athlete must pass their athletic physical at Stockton College.  Once cleared medically to participate, every intercollegiate athlete is covered automatically. Back to questions. 

2.  Who will file a claim with Bollinger? 
All athletic injury claims must be filed through Athletic Training Services.  Therefore, injured athletes should report their injury to the Athletic Training Staff and discuss their injury situation before seeing a physician.  Failure to do so may forfeit coverage for that injury.  Obviously this does not pertain to emergency or emergency room situations where immediate medical care is required. 

3. What is covered by the athletic policy?  
Generally, the policy covers athletic related injuries that occur during supervised and scheduled athletic practices and games.  All of the following will be considered by Bollinger with the proper paper work (this is not a complete list, however): 
1. Deductables 
2. Co-Pays 
3. Prescriptions 
4. Hospital Bills 
5. MRI/ Diagnostic Testing Bills 
6. Emergency Room Bills 
7. Physician Bills 
8. Knee Braces 
***You should obtain a receipt & itemized bill for any bills you pay directly yourself (including co-pays). 

4. How are bills processed?
The medical provider should bill United HealthCare directly.

5.  What is our responsibility in this process?  
Maintain copies of all of the itemized bills, receipts, and EOB's (explanation of benefits). 

***We suggest you make a folder and keep any and all of the information you receive regarding the athletic injury here for future reference.

6. Who can we contact with questions or problems? 

From Stockton: 
Chris Klenk, MEd, ATC, CSCS- Assistant Athletic Trainer/ Email:
Jessica Spencer, MA, ATC- Athletic Trainer/ Email:
Jon Heck, MS, ATC- Associate Director of Athletics and Recreation/ Email: 


Questions or comments regarding the Athletic Training Pages should be directed to 
Jon Heck at: