- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
The sources here are designed to assist administration and faculty in establishing
and assessing program goals, institutional goals, and student learning outcomes to
improve the quality of education.
- Assessment Conferences
This listing of higher education learning outcomes assessment conferences and events
is presented by PACAT Inc.
- Association of American Colleges and Universities; Resources on Assessment
Check out several valuable resources, including a discussion of what is meant by "value-added"
- Association for Assessment of Learning in Higher Education
The Association for the Assessment of Learning in Higher Education (AALHE) is an organization
of assessment practitioners committed to documenting and improving student learning
in higher education.
- Association for Institutional Research (AIR)
AIR is the world's largest professional organization for institutional researchers,
providing educational resources, best practices, and professional-development opportunities
for more than 4,000 members.
- Collegiate Learning Assessment (CLA)
CLA approaches improvement of teaching and learning in higher education through a
continuous improvement model, recognizings faculty as central actors in educational
- Marquette University, Office of the Provost, Assessment at Marquette
An exceptional Web site with many examples that describe department-specific learning
outcomes, assessment plans and more for this Jesuit university in Wisconsin.
- National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment (NILOA)
NILOA assists institutions and others in discovering and adopting promising practices
in the assessment of college student learning outcomes.
- North Caroline State: Resources for Higher Education Outcomes Assessment
An extensive list of links related to assessment, grouped by topic, including links
to university sites with discipline-specific assessment plans. Most are sound examples
of assessment plans; a few are not.
- Practical Assessment, Research and Evaluation
A peer-reviewed electronic journal; "Its purpose is to provide access to refereed
articles that can have a positive impact on assessment, research, evaluation, and
- St. Cloud State University: Guidelines for Program Assessment
Educators at St. Cloud offer a valuable schematic defining 'goal attainment' at different
junctures in a student's career. Of special note are the Ten Step Plan and Strategies
- University of Washington; Department/Program Goals
UW provides the rationale and methods for developing program-level learning outcomes,
curricular maps and descriptions of direct and indirect methods.