ADA Act Steering Committee
The Stockton Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-Rehabilitation Act Steering Committee
The Stockton ADA-Rehabilitation Act Steering Committee is charged with providing ongoing assistance to the Chief Officer/ADA-504 Coordinator in coordinating Stockton’s effort to ensure that its (1) living, learning and working environments are accessible to persons with disabilities and (2) procedures, practices and plans for addressing disability issues are responsive to the current understanding of the ADA and Rehabilitation Act requirements.
- Academic Access – This subcommittee identifies the needs of students with disabilities in Stockton's academic spaces and makes recommendations.
- Communication and Training – This subcommittee identifies ways in which the work of the steering committee is publicized to the campus and training on ADA-504 and associated topics are developed and delivered to faculty and staff.
- Facilities, Parking and Transportation – This subcommittee identifies accessibility issues associated with facilities, parking, wayfind and transportation. Their work might interface in appropriate ways with other identified Stockton committees addressing similar issues.
- Policy and Procedures -- This subcommittee review and, where appropriate, drafts new and/or revised existing policies, procedures and other documents pertaining to students and employees with disabilities.
- Technology and Purchasing – This subcommittee identifies accessibility issues related to technology and purchasing, which includes but may not be limited to web pages, E-learning, purchases of accessible academic publishing material. Their work may interface with the work of existing subcommittees.