ADA Act Steering Committee
The Stockton Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-Rehabilitation Act Steering Committee
The Stockton ADA-Rehabilitation Act Steering Committee is charged with providing ongoing assistance to the Chief Officer/ADA-504 Coordinator in coordinating Stockton’s effort to ensure that its (1) living, learning and working environments are accessible to persons with disabilities and (2) procedures, practices and plans for addressing disability issues are responsive to the current understanding of the ADA and Rehabilitation Act requirements.
- Academic Access – This subcommittee will focus on identifying the needs of students with disabilities in Stockton’s academic spaces and making recommendations.
- Policies and Procedures – This subcommittee will focus on reviewing and, where appropriate, revising existing handbooks and procedures pertaining to students and employees with disabilities, as well as making recommendations as needed.
- Facilities and Parking – This subcommittee will focus on identifying accessibility issues related to Stockton facilities and parking. This subcommittee might interface in appropriate ways with other identified Stockton committees addressing similar issues.
- Technology – This subcommittee will focus on accessibility issues related to technology which includes but may not be limited to E-learning, websites, etc.
- Communication – This subcommittee will focus on ways in which the work of the steering committee is publicized to the University community.