Instructional Continuity Planning - Email Distribution Lists
Email distribution lists are available for each of your course sections. These email lists are accessible through the Stockton Outlook/Exchange email system.
- Email students course materials
- Conduct follow up communications via email
- Note: Students do not have access to these email lists; only the instructor may email out to the entire class.
Resources and preparation needed
- Computer, web browser, and Internet access
- Course materials in MS Office (i.e., DOCX, XLSX, or PPTX files) or Adobe PDF format. Adobe is preferable, as some students may not have MS Office on their home computers.
- Keep in mind that there is a 10MB limit on total file size (i.e., you may send one 10MB file or multiple files that total 10MB). For file preparation strategies, please visit https://elearning.stockton.edu/instructor-support/preparing-your-files-for-blackboard/
- Prepare your students – Direct your students to login to the portal and check their email for course assignments and other information should an emergency arise.
Procedure for using email distribution lists
- Sign on to Stockton email (Outlook) system by connecting to the goStockton Portal at https://go.stockton.edu or by connecting to Outlook Webmail at https://webmail.stockton.edu.
- Create a message addressed to your class. The general form of the address is firstname.lastname@example.org (e.g., fall2017-CSIS2210002@stockton.edu, spring2018-GEN1100005@stockton.edu ).
- Send your course email messages with course materials attached
Available training in advance of use
- Contact the Office of E-Learning (609) 626-3479
Available support after you begin use
- Contact the Help Desk at (609) 652-4309 or email email@example.com