Hiring a Temporary Employee (TES)
Temporary Employees (TES), while not *permanent, are employees. The hiring process is still governed by the Office of Human Resources.
The Office of Human Resources has prepared the following guidelines to assist hiring managers and departments with locating pertinent information regarding the recruitment and hiring process of TES from position inception/approval through onboarding.
*TES Employees can work no more than 944 hours in a calendar year.
- Hiring Department creates TES job posting(s) using provided job template
- Completed job template is to be sent via email to the Talent Acquisition team in the Office of Human Resources. Within the email, provide a list of employees who need access to the job applicants.
- Once the job has been posted to HireTouch, an email notification will be sent to the Hiring Department.
- Hiring Department reviews applicants and changes statuses to the appropriate option (i.e. DNQ, Interview Scheduled).
- All Interviews will be conducted by the Hiring Department.
- When a candidate is chosen for hire, the Hiring Department must inform the Talent Acquisition team via email. This will begin the hiring process which includes a background check and completion of onboarding forms.
- Hiring Department must also complete a TES form and send it to Payroll.
Part 1 - Once an offer of hire is accepted the new TES receives two emails:
- The first email will welcome the new TES to Stockton University and includes the following two links:
- Link #1: New TES is asked to log onto their HireTouch account to review and complete all of the onboarding documents, including payroll forms and acknowledgment of receipt of certain policies and procedures.
- Link #2: New TES is asked to complete section 1 of the electronic I-9.
- Hiring Department must verify section 2 of the new TES I-9 within three days of their start date. The origination date must be sent to Payroll via email.
- The second email will be sent from Stockton's background check vendor which includes a background check questionnaire. This is the start of the background check process and must be completed by the new TES.
Part 2 - An email notification is sent to Payroll from HireTouch upon the completion of the background check and onboarding forms, which then initiates the Banner input process:
- Workflow email is generated, creating the new TES email and portal access.
- Payroll sends notification with the new TES Z# to the Hiring Department.
- Hiring Department completes the new TES New Employee ID Card Request Form.