Transition Activity Leaders Of New Students
T.A.L.O.N.S. play a key role as para-professionals who assist with new student registration and who will work side by side with their peers helping new students transition to college life. T.A.L.O.N.S. are responsible for helping new students register for classes while also giving new students a realistic view of academic, social, and emotional changes that may occur in their transition to Stockton by attending Welcome Week events. Overall, they promote a positive and enthusiastic attitude toward helping new students successfully assimilate in the first semester of school while remaining in contact with students through their Freshmen and Transfer Seminar courses.
- Assist with Orientation and Registration for the following groups: Freshmen, Transfers, Military & Veterans and EOF
- Serve as guides for Welcome Week along with Resident Assistants
- Serve as a peer mentor throughout the Fall Semester via Freshmen and Transfer Seminar Courses
- Attend June and August training
- Work Summer Orientation and Welcome Week
- Have a GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Be in good standing with the University
- Cannot work as a Resident Assistant or Event Services & Campus Center Operations staff member due to scheduling conflicts
- Must be enrolled as a full time undergraduate student for the Fall semester in Galloway or at the Stockton Instructional sites (for example, participants cannot be studying abroad or participating in the DC or Disney internship program for the Fall semester).
Essential Learning Outcomes from being a part of the TALONS:
- Adapting to Change
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Global Awareness
- Critical Thinking
- Creativity and Innovation
- Communication Skills
Current full time students who are intersted in applying for this paid position and are in good academic and disciplinary standing should click here to apply. Please read the application carefully as the position has changed from previous years.
A letter of recommendation must be submitted electronically from a full time Stockton Faculty or Staff member. Click here for the electronic submission form.
A current resume must also accompany the completed applcation. It is strongly recommended that all resumes are reviewed by the Career Center prior to submission.
Completed applications are due March 20, 2019 by 5:00 p.m. to the Office of New Student & Family Programs located in the Campus Center Suite 241.
For more information please contact the Office of New Student & Family Programs at or TALONS@stockton.edu