The Research Park will facilitate advanced aviation research by creating a collaborative and cooperative research environment for researchers, scientists, engineers, aviation organizations, operational facilities, and end users. The ideal research environment would contain a combination of private research facilities and an integrated research environment of operational facilities, laboratory systems, and simulators that can create a realistic operational environment in a way that any member, end user, system developer, service provider, or Government agency can gain insight, analyses, or validation of advanced aviation concepts, applications, systems, and services.
The Research Park will be designed and implemented with an advanced laboratory infrastructure that will provide members with the opportunity to have integrated or private research facilities. The integrated environment will provide access to resident systems and research facilities through the nation and will create a realistic operational environment for advanced research and product commercialization and innovation.
- Research facilities can be located in private space or in a centralized laboratory
- State-of-the-Art centralized laboratory environment
- Advanced, flexible communications infrastructure that will provide connectivity between research facilities throughout the Research Park
- External communications to operational and research facilities including the FAA William J. Hughes Technical Center
- Advanced, collaborative research capabilities including data fusion, data collection & analysis, test tool development, emerging
The Stockton Aviation Research and Technology Park has received generous support from The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey, FAA William J. Hughes Technical Center and funding from the United States Economic Development Administration, the New Jersey Casino Reinvestment Development Authority, the County of Atlantic, New Jersey Department of Transportation, and the United States Department of Agriculture.
Research Capabilities & Environment