Mohammad I. Mohammad
Visiting Assistant Professor of Biology
My teaching experiences in college extended for more than 25 years have not only helped me to improve my teaching skills but also have encourged me to pursue a life-long career in teaching and reseasch. During my career I have been montored 45 undergraduate students and 10 graduate students and I think I have the skills of mentor including willgness, availablity and honesty with diplomacy. My teaching phiolsopgy based on the fact that the best teachers were those who cared the most about teaching. This obsession is critical component of teaching as it leads to systematic preparation, regular evaluation and of course the pleasure of watching students learn.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Eco-Physiology, Molecular Physiology and Phyto-medicine
Biol 1200-002 Cells and Molecules
Biol 2100- 001 Ecology
Biol 3414- 001 Plant Ecology
My recent research projects concerned the isolation and identifications of ioactive
compounds from medicinal plants.
Studying the halophytic plants in Sabkha habitat.
- Asma A. Al-Huqail, Maysa M Hatata, Arwa A. AL-Huqail and Mohamed M. Ibrahim. Preparation, Characterization of silver Phyto nanoparticles and their impact on growth potential of Lupinus termis L. seedlings. 2017 Saudi Journal of Biological Sciences ( Accepted and in press).
- Mona S. Alwhibi, Mahmoud I.M. Khalil1 , Mohamed M. Ibrahim, Gehan A. El-Gaaly, Ahmed S. Sultan A. Potential Antitumor Activity and Apoptosis induction of Glossostemon Bruguieri Root Extract against Hepatocellular Carcinoma Cells. 2017 in Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine Journal. https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/aip/7218562/
- Arwa A. AL-Huqail, Sarah A. AL-Rashed, Mohamed M. Ibrahim, Gehan A. EL-Gaaly ,Mohammad Irfan Qureshi. Arsenic induced eco-physiological changes in Chickpea (Cicer arietinum) and protection by gypsum, a source of sulphur and calcium. Scientia Horticulturae 217 (2017) 226–233. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0304423817300924
- Sarah A. Al-Rashed, Mohamed M. Ibrahim, Maysa M.A. Hatata, and Gehan A. El-Gaaly. Biodiesel Production and Antioxidant Capability From Seeds of Salicornia begelovii Collected From Al Jubail, Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia. Pak. J. Bot., 48(6): 2527-2533, 2016. http://www.pakbs.org/pjbot/PDFs/48(6)/40.pdf
- Sarah A. Al-Rashed, Mohamed M. Ibrahim*, Gehan A. El-Gaaly, Sameha Al-Shehri, Ahmed Mostafa. Evaluation of radical scavenging system in two microalgae in response to interactive
stresses of UV-B radiation and nitrogen starvation. Saudi Journal of Biological Science, (2016) 23, 706–712,. Impact Factor 1.781
- Peerjada Y. Yousof, Arshid H. Ganie, Ishrat Khan, M. Irfan Qureshi, Mohamed M. Ibrahim, Maryam Sarwat, Muhammad Iqbal, ALTAF AHMAD. Nitrogen-efficient and nitrogen-inefficient Indian mustard cultivars show differential
protein expression in response to elevated CO2 and low nitrogen. Front. Plant Sci., 07 July 2016. Impact factor 4.495.
- Seema Ameen1, Mohammad Ahmad, Mohd. Mohsin, M. Irfan Qureshi, Mohamed M. Ibrahim, Malik Z. Abdin and Altaf Ahmad. Designing, construction and characterization of genetically encoded FRET-based nanosensor
for real time monitoring of lysine flux in living cells. 2016. Journal of Nanobiotechnology. DOI 10.1186/s12951-016-0204-y. Impact Factor
- Muslima Nazir, Renu Pandey, Tariq O. Siddiqi, Mohamed M. Ibrahim, Mohammad I. Qureshi, Gerard Abraham, Krishnapriya Vengavasi and Altaf Ahmad. Nitrogen-Deficiency Stress Induces Protein Expression Differentially in Low-N Tolerant and Low-N Sensitive Maize Genotypes. 2016. Front. Plant Sci., 21 March 2016. Impact factor 4.495 http://dx.doi.org/10.3389/fpls.2016.00298
- Javed Ahmad, Mohamed M. Ibrahim, Affan Baif and M. Irfan Qureshi. Standardization of DNA extraction from invasive alien weed Parthenium hysterophorus. African Joourna of biotechnology. Vol. 15(22), pp. 1035-1040, 1 June, 2016.