Your Major Doesn't Always Equal Your Career!
The Career Education and Development office has seven Career Communities designed to help you explore, make connections and launch a career in a specific field of interest. Communities provide information, opportunities for exploration and experience, and mutual support in a variety of ways. Through these communities, students will cultivate professional skills with guidance from career advisors, industry experts, alumni, faculty and employers in their chosen field of interest.
Career Communities are NOT:
- Services for specific majors only
- A focus solely on "professional" academic programs (e.g. Business, Health Science, Hospitality)
Career Communities ARE:
- Focused on the idea that major doesn't always equal career
- Organized around career areas/fields
- Designed to help students explore their career interests and how to get there
Why Join a Career Community?
- Be assigned a career advisor who will guide you through the career development process in a manner that aligns with your career interests.
- Take advantage of specialized services, programs, and events, customized to meet your specific career development needs.
You can Join more than one!
Regardless of your chosen major, you can explore multiple Career Communities and attend events across all industries – you’ll develop a great network for future opportunities and learn about a variety of career paths.
Join a Career Community in 3 easy steps
with your GO Portal Credentials.
2: Open Your Career Interests
Choose your name in the top right-hand corner.
Choose, click on "Career Interests" from the list of options (under My Profile and Documents).
3: Choose Your Career Community
Scroll down to "Career Communities" and select which Career Communities you want to join.
Then choose "Save My Career Interests" and you're done!