New Jersey Law Against Discrimination, Title IX & VAWA Stockton Policy & Commitment
Stockton University (“Stockton”) is committed to providing current and prospective Stockton employees and student with an environment free from prohibited discrimination or harassment. Stockton seeks a safe and healthy environment for all community members and visitors. A willingness to recognize the dignity and worth of each person is essential to Stockton’s mission. It is the responsibility of each person affiliated with the institution to respect the personal dignity of others.
The full content of Stockton’s nondiscrimination policies are contained in the Student Policy Prohibiting Sexual Misconduct and Discrimination in the Academic/Educational Environment (I-120) and the Policy Prohibiting Discrimination in the Workplace (VI-28). Both policies have corresponding procedures, which can be located on the Office of Institutional Diversity and Equity website.
Stockton is committed to creating and maintaining a campus environment that is free of sex discrimination and sexual misconduct. Stockton expresses its commitment by engaging in the following activities:
- Continuing to foster and maintain a campus culture of reporting sex discrimination and sexual misconduct.
- Taking prompt interim steps to end sex discrimination and sexual misconduct, eliminate the hostile environment, prevent its recurrence, and, as appropriate, remedy its effects.
- Making every effort to maintain confidentiality.
- Taking immediate steps to protect the complainant and the accused.
- Ensuring that issues and complaints are resolved in a timely manner.
- Providing effective assistance to individuals impacted by sexual violence and other forms of sexual misconduct and to bystanders.
- Offering individuals impacted by sexual violence and other forms of sexual misconduct confidential counseling, support services, and medical assistance to the extent such services are offered by Stockton.
- Providing education and training programs with the goal of raising awareness and preventing sex discrimination and sexual misconduct.
Clery/Title IX Related Programming Provided
If you were involved in developing and delivering Clery/Title IX related programming, you must report it. Please access this link to let us know about it. Thank you.
Click on Title IX Resource Guide for additional information.