Middle States Accreditation
What is Middle States?
"The Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) is the unit of the Middle
States Association of Colleges and Schools that accredits degree-granting colleges
and universities in the Middle States region, which includes Delaware, the District
of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin
Islands, and several locations internationally.
The Commission is a voluntary, non-governmental, membership association that defines, maintains, and promotes educational excellence across institutions with diverse missions, student populations, and resources. It examines each institution as a whole, rather than specific programs within institutions." From Middle States Commission of Higher Education website: http://www.msche.org/
What is the Middle States Periodic Review Report?
A Periodic Review Report (PRR) is required by MSCHE five years after a college or university completes its Self Study. Unlike the Self Study, however, the PRR should be relatively brief (about 50 pages) and include:
- An executive summary.
- A summary description of the institution's responses to recommendations from the previous evaluation and to Commission actions.
- A brief narrative identifying the institution's major challenges and/or current opportunities.
- Analysis of enrollment and finance data for the period covered by the institution's strategic plan (but not less than the current year and three future years), including enrollment and fiscal trends from the three previous years and assumptions upon which projections are based.
- Evidence of sustained and organized processes to assess institutional effectiveness and student learning, and evidence that the results of such processes are being used to improve programs and services and to inform planning and resource allocation decisions.
- Evidence that linked institutional planning and budgeting processes are in place.
This website includes Stockton University's PRR, filed in May 2017. It is designed to respond to questions or topics raised in Stockton's 2012 Decennial Self Study as well as in the report provided by the Evaluation Team that visited Stockton during the course of that Self Study.
MSCHE Periodic Review Report Co-Editors:
- Sonia Gonsalves (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Michelle Craig McDonald (email@example.com)