The Nest E-Newsletter
Meet this month's Bird's-Eye View
Sarah Brenner '16
Sarah Brenner '16
Bachelor of Science
Spending time with my family and friends, hiking and snowboarding.
- How did your Stockton experience influence your life?
My Stockton experience influenced my life by providing me with more strength. I am less and less afraid of sticking up for myself and following through with what I need and want. I find myself thinking more critical about life choices and how it affects others and I also learned to finally find time to relax.
- How did your experience within the Natural Sciences and Mathematics Department impact your Stockton experience and career?
My experience with the Natural Sciences and Mathematics Department impacted my Stockton experience and career by giving me a better work ethic, more patience working with others, and also has given me the ability to take my degree and use it each day in my career as a full-time Environmental Scientist.
- Describe your favorite Stockton memory as a student. (Ex: favorite professors, classes, events, activities, etc.)
To me, it is challenging to pick just one favorite memory as a Stockton student, but the most unforgettable and life-changing memory was being a part of the Women’s Lacrosse Team. I learned so much from my teammates and coaches, which I will keep with me for the rest of my life. They will always be a part of who I am, and nothing can change that.
- Describe your top reason for staying connected and involved with Stockton and your fellow Ospreys.
The top reason for staying connected and involved with Stockton and my fellow Ospreys is that Stockton played a huge part of my life. Although I only attended two years at Stockton it still was able to make a vast impact on who I am today.
- What piece of advice would you pass onto the graduating class of Ospreys?
A piece of advice I would pass onto the graduating class is no matter how many times someone pushes you down even if it is a fellow classmate, Professor, or even a Coach, always get back up. I have been pushed down by many people for reasons, I couldn’t even provide the reasoning for and no matter what, I did everything I could to succeed in my own way.
- Is there anything else you would like to share with Stockton and your fellow Ospreys?
I would like to let any student who is transferring to Stockton or is a current transfer student of Stockton, to get involved! No matter if it is a sport or a club just get involved. I would have no idea what I would have done my first year as a transfer if I didn’t.