Health and Wellness: Assessment and Planning
Saturday, December 16, 2017
Saturday, December 16, Registration: begins at 8:00 am, Program time: 8:30am-4:00 pm
Course is cancelled
This course is designed to explore the concept of wellness and prevention as more than the absence of a disease state. The course will provide participants with assessment tools to optimize and improve human movement. It incorporates the health related components of wellness (cardiovascular fitness, body composition, muscle endurance, muscle strength and flexibility. Evaluation measures for the components will be compared and assessed.
Upon completion of this one day course the participant will be able to:
1. Describe the five health related components of wellness.
2. Differentiate between the five health related components of wellness
3. Compare a variety of assessment tools for the five health related components of wellness and discuss the benefits and limitations of each assessment.
4. Assess the health related components of wellness by performing simulated and actual screenings and tests.
5. Discuss the results of wellness assessment as they pertain to patient/client population.
6. Discuss the implementation of health and wellness programs.
Audience: Physical Therapists, Physical Therapist Assistants, Occupational Therapists, Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants
NJBPTE: This program is approved for 6.0 CEs Approval #1709-65
AOTA: This program is offered for .6 CEUs (Content-Intermediate Level)
Stockton University is an AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education
- $229.00 on or before December 13, 2017 enter discount code Early35
- $249.00 on or after December 14, 2017
Stockton Universtiy F-111
101 Vera King Farris Drive
Galloway, NJ 08205
Please arrive dressed in active wear
You may also complete this registration form and return it to the School of Health Sciences by email, fax, or mail.
Please click here for refund policy for continuing education course