Mathematics Faculty Research
The Stockton University Mathematics Program has 10 tenured or tenure track faculty members with a wide range of research interests spanning pure and applied mathematics and mathematics education. To see the interests of particular faculty member, see the faculty list.
- J. Belk and B. Forrest, A Thompson Group for the Basilica. Groups, Geometry, and Dynamics, 9, no. 4 (2015) 975-1000. Preprint available at https://arxiv.org/pdf/1201.4225.pdf
- B. Forrest, A Degree Theorem for the Space of Ribbon Graphs. Topology Proceedings, 45 (2015) 31-51. Preprint available at https://arxiv.org/pdf/1302.0554.pdf
- B. Rapatski and J. Tolosa, The San Francisco MSM Epidemic: A Retrospective Analysis. Mathematics 3 (2015), 1083-1094. Available at www.mdpi.com/2227-7390/3/4/1083/pdf
- B. Rapatski and J. Tolosa, Modeling and analysis of the San Francisco City Clinic Cohort (SFCCC) HIV-epidemic including treatment. Mathematical Biosciences and Engineering, 11, no. 3 (2014) 599 – 619.
- R. Coulter and P. Kosick, On expressing elements as a sum of squares, where one square is restricted to a subfield. Finite Fields and their Applications, 26 (2014), 116-122.
- J. Lewowicz, J. Groisman, and J. Tolosa, A Survey of the Method of Lyapunov Functions of Two Variables in the Study of Stability and Persistence of Dynamical Systems, Chapter 2 (pp. 21—50) in the book Dynamical Systems: Theory, Applications, and Future Directions, J. M. Tchuenche, Ed. Nova Publishers, NY, 2013.
- B. Forrest, P. Kosick, J. Vogel, and C. Wu, Mathematical Achievement of High School Students Through Community Partnership: A Red Balloon Initiative. Teacher-Scholar: The Journal of the State Comprehensive University, 4, no. 1 (2012) 29-38.
- B. Forrest, P. Kosick, J. Vogel, and C. Wu, Increasing Math Proficiency in High School Teaching: A Model for a College and Community Partnership. The Journal of Public Scholarship in Higher Education, 2 (2012) 47-71.
- J. Belk and B. Forrest, Rearrangement Groups of Fractals, accepted by Transactions of the American Mathematical Association, preprint available at https://arxiv.org/pdf/1510.03133.pdf
- V. Smirnov and J. Tolosa, The Sharkovsky Theorem, available at https://arxiv.org/pdf/1702.07964.pdf
- B. Forrest and K. Teehan, The Topology of Knight's Tours on Surfaces, available at https://arxiv.org/pdf/1507.02917.pdf
- J. Vogel. Children of Genocide. (2107, April). Presented at the Joint Genocide Awareness Event: University of the Sciences/Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- B. Forrest. The Topology of Knight’s Tours. (2016, August). Presented at the Mathematical Association of America Math Fest, Contributed Session on Recreational Mathematics: Puzzles, Card Tricks, Games, Gambling, and Sports, Columbus, Ohio.
- B. McShea and J. Vogel, Teaching Math through the Magic of Harry Potter. (2016, April) Presented at the Learning and the Brain Conference, Orlando, Florida.
- B. Forrest. Rearrangements of Fractals and CAT(0) Cube Complexes. (2015, November). Presented at the American Mathematical Society, Eastern Sectional Meeting, Special Session on Applications of CAT(0) Cube Complexes, New Brunswick, New Jersey.
- J. Vogel and C. Wu. Good Mathematical Practices that Support PARCC Prep. (2015, October). Presented at the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Regional Conference, Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- B. McShea and J. Vogel, Preparing Readiness: A Sports and Math Course. (2015, October). Presented at the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Regional Conference, Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- P. Kosick. Expressing elements as a sum of squares. (2014, March) Presented at the Special Session on Finite Fields at the 45th Southeastern International Conference on Combinatorics, Graph Theory, and Computing.
- J. Vogel. From Patterns to Proofs. (2013, October). Presented at the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics Region Conference, Baltimore, Maryland.
- B. Forrest, J. Vogel and C. Wu. A Math Partnership Program: Redefining the Role of Higher Education. (2013, June). Presented at the American Association of University Professors Annual Conference on the State of Higher Education, Washington, D.C.
- J. Vogel and C. Wu. Redefining the role of Faculty in Teacher Preparation and Student College Readiness. (2013, May), Presented at the New Jersey Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators Seventh Annual Conference, Ewing, New Jersey.
- J. Vogel and C. Wu. An Institutional Partnership: Insuring Consistency in Course Content. (2013, March). Presented at the Tri-State Best Practices Conference: The Community College as a Place of Transition, Paramus, New Jersey.
- B. Forrest, J. Vogel and D. Weiss. Mathematics Partnership Program - A Red Balloon Initiative. (2013, February). Presented at the American Association of State Colleges and Universities, Winter Academics Affairs Meeting, Point Clear Alabama.
- P. Kosick, Increasing Math Proficiency in High School Teaching. (2012, January). Presented at the Joint Mathematics Meeting in the Mathematical Association of America's General Contributed Paper Session on Assessment and Outreach, Boston Massachusetts.