Transition Activity Leaders Of New Students
T.A.L.O.N.S. give new students a realistic view of academic, social, and emotional changes that may occur in their transition to Stockton by attending Orientation and Welcome Week events. Overall, T.A.L.O.N.S. promote a positive and enthusiastic attitude toward helping new students successfully transition into their first semester of school by remaining in contact with students through their first-year seminar course.
- Assist with Orientation and Registration for the following groups: First-year students, Transfers, Military & Veterans, EOF, and Student Success Scholars Program
- Facilitate Orientation and Welcome activities
- Engage in a semester long Spring 2024 course
- Mentor first-year students throughout the Fall 2024 Semester via First-Year Seminar Courses
- Complete and Pass the Spring course titled Inclusive Student Transitions with a 'C' or higher
- Attend Orientation and Welcome Program Trainings
- Work New Student Orientations (Summer and Winter), Welcome Programs, and Fall Seminar Mentor Program
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Be in good standing with the University
- Cannot work as a Resident Assistant, Event Services & Campus Center Operations, or Summer 2024 Live Work Learn staff member due to scheduling conflicts
- Must be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student for the Fall semester in Galloway or at the Stockton Instructional sites (for example, participants cannot be studying abroad or participating in the DC or Disney internship program for the Fall semester).
- Attend Deeper Spaces Retreat
Current full-time students who are interested in applying for this paid position for 2024 and are in good academic and disciplinary standing can apply in the beginning of the Fall 2023 Semester by following the instructions below:
Interested in the T.A.L.O.N.S. student leadership position?
To learn more about this fun paid leadership position attend one (1) of our 5 upcoming TALONS Info Sessions!
Information Session Dates/Times:
- Tuesday September 26, 2023 @ 4:30pm in F111 (Galloway Academic Spine)
- Wednesday September 27, 2023 @ 5:30pm in F101 (STP office- Galloway Academic Spine)
- Thursday September 28, 2023 @ 4:30pm in F101 (STP office- Galloway Academic Spine)
- Friday September 29, 2023 @ 3:30pm in F111 (Galloway Academic Spine)
- Monday October 2, 2023 @ 10:00pm via Zoom (new link here!)
For more information please contact the Office of Student Transition Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 609-626-3643