Nuestro Pueblo Awards
2019 Nuestro Pueblo Awards - Havana Nights!
Friday, September 27, 2019
7:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Stockton University - Atlantic City
Fannie Lou Hamer Room | 3711 Atlantic Avenue, Atlantic City, NJ
Please RSVP by September 13, 2019.
Tickets are $45 per person. Cuban Cocktail Attire. Cash Bar. Net Proceeds will benefit the Unidos and HAAC Scholarship Funds.
Corporate sponsorship opportunities and advertisements for the program book are available!
For more information, please contact email@example.com
The Mission of the Nuestro Pueblo Awards celebration is to promote community involvement and advancement of our Hispanic cultural heritage by recognizing individuals and/or organizations that are making a difference in "Nuestro Pueblo" (our community).
ANNOUNCING THE 2019 NUESTRO PUEBLO AWARDS HONOREES!
Arts and Entertainment -Mauricio “DJ Sammy” Baquero
Community Service – Ms. Edbelinda “Mimi” Nambo, Catholic Charities
Education – Mr. Jonathan Rivera, Atlantic City High School
Entrepreneurship – Mr. Evan Sanchez, Authentic City Partners
Future Leader – Mr. Christian Cabrera, Stockton University Class of 2023
Healthcare – Ms. Ivette Guillermo-McGahee, Allies in Caring
Nuestro "Amigo/a" – Mr. Jay Sodha, AC Multicultural Community Center
Organizational "Amigo/a” - AtlantiCare Mission Health Care (FQHC)
Public Service – Ms. Rosa Farias, NJ Department of Community Affairs
STEM – Mr. Robert Ortiz, AtlantiCare
Lifetime Achievement in Education - Dr. Arnaldo Cordero-Roman, Stockton University
1. Nominee(s) do not have to be Unidos or HAAC members to be eligible. Board members
are not eligible for nominations.
2. Within each category, nominees must have evidenced demonstrable involvement and service to the Hispanic community
3. Nominee(s) for the Future Leader award must be in High School or has recently graduated, be of Hispanic heritage and has demonstrated excellence both in and outside of the classroom and in his/her community.
4. Nominee(s) agree to allow Stockton University's Unidos and HAAC the right to use their award winning status publicly on public and private media platforms including their photograph and biography.
5. Nominee(s) agree to be present at the Nuestro Pueblo Awards event in order to receive their Award.
Nuestro Pueblo Awards is a celebration of the achievements of those who have made an impact in our Latino/a community.
Proceeds will go to a scholarship fund for the UNIDOS organization and the Hispanic Association of Atlantic County (HAAC).
Yes, please register at Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2019-nuestro-pueblo-awards-tickets-69878371089
Yes, you may pay at the door. We welcome cash, check, and/or debit/credit cards.
If you have pre-registered, we will have a list but you can also present it in digital form from your phone.
Click here for information on how to become a corporate sponsor.
Click here for information on how to submit your ad for the program book.
Only UNIDOS and HAAC Board members are able to submit nominations. The link was provided to each board member.
Yes, you can nominate yourself!
There are plenty of public parking spaces surrounding the vicinity.