Only on an exceptional basis may a full-time, matriculated student carry more than 21 credits per term. All course work in excess of 21 credits per term is considered an overload.
To qualify for an academic overload, a student must have:
- completed at least two terms as a full-time student at Stockton;
- have achieved a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 in all course work attempted at Stockton.
- Have no current incompletes.
- An academic overload will only be added during the drop/add period each term. Forms are available from the Office of Student Records and Registration, Campus Center 203 and also available online on the Registrar's website.. Have the form signed first by your preceptor and then by the Center for Academic Advising. The approved request form must be submitted to the Office of Student Records and Registration.
- For complete details on Stockton's policy, please access https://stockton.edu/academic-affairs/agreements/index.html and choose academic course load.