Hospitality and Tourism Management Studies
Bachelor of Science Degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management Studies. Our program, housed within the School of Business at Stockton, is committed to delivering a relevant and dynamic curriculum with a strong business core.
In addition to the coursework, our program provides students with insights from industry leaders, tours and employment opportunities that connect the curriculum to the ever changing world of hospitality and tourism. The hospitality and tourism faculty is dedicated to educating and mentoring students throughout their educational and work experience at Stockton.
In 2010 the Stockton University purchased the Seaview Hotel and Resort and our program integrates the facility and its management team in our courses and projects throughout each semester. Several of our courses are taught on property and employment and residential opportunities exist at the hotel for our students.
The Hospitality and Tourism Management Studies Program offers a B.S. degree. Earning a Hospitality and Tourism degree at Stockton will well prepare students with both substantial general training and specialized skills that will distinguish their credentials. Rather than students narrowing their studies to a single aspect of the industry, Stockton's broad-based curriculum will afford more professional options.
The Hospitality and Tourism Management Studies Program at Stockton University is committed to providing a quality undergraduate education that incorporates theory and practice in the hospitality industry.
Our mission is to imbue students with the knowledge, skills, values, and strategic perspectives essential to obtaining leadership roles in the service professionals throughout the world; and to foster research and scholarship that will engender excellence in Hospitality and Tourism Management Studies.
Fall 2017 - Spring 2018
- Hospitality and Tourism Management Studies
- Hotel Operations
- Food and Beverage Operations
- Travel and Tourism
- Food Services in Industry and Healthcare
Hospitality And Tourism Management Studies Learning Goals
HTMS Students will be able to understand hospitality and tourism management.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate an understanding of important management concepts
for various segments of hospitality and tourism including:
- Economic, legal and social environments;
- Corporate social respobsibility and sustainability;
- Financial management;
- Organizational systems and processes;
- Hospitality and tourism business strategies.
- Graduates will be able to connect experiences in their profession and be able to translate knowledge of business and management into practice and in society.
HTMS Students will be able to give examples of and evaluate ethical situations and issues in order to make a good management decision.
- Graduates will demonstrate ethical decision making skills through analytical analysis of ethical issues and situations.
HTMS Students will develop respect for diversity in the international community as they attend classes in the program and work side by side with various cultures.
- Graduates will develop global and cross-cultural understanding that contributes to a globalized society.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate an understanding of workforce and customer diversity in organizations.
HTMS Students will communicate and present content effectively in a professional manner.
- Oral Communication: graduates will deliver information in an organized, persuasive and logical manner using supportive documentation and visual aids.
- Written Communication: graduates will create documents that are technical, analytical, relevant in content and well organized.
- Computer Literacy: graduates will demonstrate knowledge of information technology relative to HTMS professional practice that requires adaptation and innovation to solve problems.
HTMS students will be able to research hospitality and tourism topics and make decisions about goals, objectives and company strategies.
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to frame and analyze problems.
- Graduates will develop HTMS research methods.
- Graduates will be able to work effectively in teams.
Additional Program Information