Hospitality and Tourism Management Studies
Bachelor of Science Degree in Hospitality and Tourism Management Studies. Our program, housed within the School of Business at Stockton, is committed to delivering a relevant and dynamic curriculum with a strong business core.
In addition to the coursework, our program provides students with insights from industry leaders, tours and employment opportunities that connect the curriculum to the ever changing world of hospitality and tourism. The hospitality and tourism faculty is dedicated to educating and mentoring students throughout their educational and work experience at Stockton.
In 2010 the Stockton University purchased the Seaview Hotel and Resort and our program integrates the facility and its management team in our courses and projects throughout each semester. Several of our courses are taught on property and employment and residential opportunities exist at the hotel for our students.
The Hospitality and Tourism Management Studies Program offers a B.S. degree. Earning a Hospitality and Tourism degree at Stockton will well prepare students with both substantial general training and specialized skills that will distinguish their credentials. Rather than students narrowing their studies to a single aspect of the industry, Stockton's broad-based curriculum will afford more professional options.
The Hospitality and Tourism Management Studies Program at Stockton University is committed to providing a quality undergraduate education that incorporates theory and practice in the hospitality industry.
Our mission is to imbue students with the knowledge, skills, values, and strategic perspectives essential to obtaining leadership roles in the service professionals throughout the world; and to foster research and scholarship that will engender excellence in Hospitality and Tourism Management Studies.
Fall 2017 - Spring 2018
- Hospitality and Tourism Management Studies
- Hotel Operations
- Food and Beverage Operations
- Travel and Tourism
- Food Services in Industry and Healthcare
Hospitality And Tourism Management Studies Learning Goals
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the management for the various segments of the hospitality and tourism industry.
- Graduates will be able to express the interpersonal relationships necessary to the successful integration of customers, management, and employees in the successful operations of hospitality business.
- Graduates will embrace the appropriate professional attitude and practice the appropriate standards of conduct and appearance essential to HTMS careers.
HTMS Graduates will be able to give examples of and evaluate ethical situations and issues in order to make good management decisions.
- Graduates will identify ethical paradigms within various hospitality and tourism businesses.
- Graduates will be able to make ethical decisions once they have weighed the options in given situations.
HTMS graduates will develop respect for the international community as they attend classes in the program and work side by side with various cultures.
- Graduates will begin to analyze cultural impacts of others across all of business.
- Graduates will illustrate the demands and challenges created by exposure to cultural and ethnic diversity.
HTMS Students will communicate and present content effectively in a professional manner
- Oral Communication: graduates will deliver information in an organized, persuasive and logical manner using supportive documentation and visual aids.
- Written Communication: graduates will create documents that are technical, analytical, relevant in content and well organized.
- Computer Literacy: graduates will demonstrate ability using a Word document, an Excel document, a database document, and Internet proficiency.
HTMS students will be able to research hospitality and tourism topics and make decisions about goals, objectives and company strategies.
- Graduates will produce quality empirical and applied research papers that clearly demonstrate the ability to analyze and assemble independent thought.
- Graduates will synthesize corporate and independent business strategies to understand and criticize their decision-making goals or re-formulate those goals into better practice.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate relevant critical thinking skills to completion of projects and papers.
- Graduates in HTMS will be able to summarize the information gleaned from group experiences and present their findings.
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate their personal contributions to group projects or assignments.
Additional Program Information