The Committee on Campus Diversity and Inclusive Excellence (CCDIE) welcomes new and returning readers to the latest issue of Celebrate Diversity Digest. We invite you to learn more about issues of campus diversity, equity, inclusion and social justice covered in this newsletter.
The CCDIE includes faculty, staff, students and alumni who contribute to the University’s efforts to support and further these four areas on our campus, as well as the University’s mission to develop engaged and effective citizens with the capacity to adapt to change in a multicultural, interdependent world.
Featured Stories - April/May 2022
Ensuring Diverse, Equitable & Inclusive Workplaces
Valerie Hayes discussed how Stockton wove diversity and inclusion goals into the Strategic Plan 2025 Choosing Our Path in the New Jersey Business article “Ensuring Diverse, Equitable & Inclusive Workplaces.” The article highlights how different industries are developing effective DEI programs.
Unity Day a 'Spiritual' Experience
The 2022 Unity Day Conference took center stage this spring with an event that included a world-famous Indian Hoop Dancer and speakers who discussed the importance of fostering a better understanding of the world through listening, learning and talking with people of different cultures, genders and points of view.
The theme of the Unity Day celebration was Unity of Religions & Spirituality.
“About 80-90% of college-aged students identify as spiritual or religious. We should be acknowledging each other’s differences in order to become more united,” Guia Calicdan-Apostle said. Read more...
- WGSC Creates Culture of Care with Help of Governor's Grant Award
- New Angles for Success: Mentoring Underrepresented Youth
- Student Empowered by Experience at Fannie Lou Hamer Symposium
- Fraternities & Sororities Address Issues of Diversity, Inclusion
- Support Programs Set Stockton Apart
- Stockton a Model for Search Advocates
- Class Project Highlights Campus Accessibility Issues
- Stockton Receives 4th Higher Education Excellence in Diversity Award
- Students, Faculty Address Hispanic Success in Higher Ed
- Enrollment Management Incorporates DEI Learning
- Celebrating Diversity in the Classroom
- Summit Focuses on Diversifying Teacher Workforce
- Alumni Conference Explores Shared Governance
- The Good, The Bad and The Ugly: COVID and Ageism
- Student Presents at Prestigious Yale Bouchet Conference
- Event Highlights Unity of Religion & Spirituality
- Stockton Celebrates AAPI Heritage Month
- Alumni Conference Explores Freedom of Speech
- Search Advocate Program Addresses Hiring Bias
- Statement from President Kesselman on Chauvin Verdict
- Focus on Policy: Bill Protects Older LGBTQ+ Adults
- Student Senate Adds Diversity & Inclusion Committee
- Alumni Event Fosters Dialog on Diversity
- Women's History Month: Songs, Articles & Resources
- Title IX: A Revolution for Education Equity
- Ike Ejikeme, '18 Joins CCDIE as Alumni Representative
- Statement in Support of Our AAPI Community
- 'The Movement Continues' at Event
- The H&M Marketing Controversy: A Case Study
- Proposal to Add Courses on Race, Racism to Graduation Requirements
- Ospreys Against Oppression Promote Racial Justice