SAVE THE DATES:
- A required virtual program overview will take place on Saturday, June 5 from 10 AM to 12 PM (families are encouraged to attend as well). At this session, we will address questions regarding the EOF program and services, funding model, summer academy, and academic year program.
- Incoming EOF scholars must complete the 2021 Summer Academy, scheduled for Saturday, June 26 to Thursday, July 29. The 2021 academy will be in person. As a safety precaution, scholars must remain on campus for the duration of the academy. Additional information will be provided on June 5th.
- EOF Scholars will take the AccuPlacer placement test on Sunday, June 27. You may disregard any invitation to schedule a placement test.
- EOF scholars will participate in New Student Orientation on Thursday,July 1 and Friday, July 2. You may disregard any communication about registering for orientation.
The EOF summer academy includes:
- FREE credit-bearing classes
- FREE on-campus housing and meals
- FREE textbooks
- Loaner calculator
- Structured afternoon and evening study modules
- Individual and small-group tutoring
- Workshops to connect students with campus resources
- Opportunities to engage in service-learning (Atlantic City EOF)
- Improving your time management
- Learning to flourish in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarize yourself with the Galloway and Atlantic City campuses
- Social activities
- Overcome barriers to academic success
- Field trips
- Learn about various clubs and organizations
- Enter college in the fall term with a stronger foundation
- Improve your self-confidence
Students Participate in the Following:
- College-level Mathematics (2 credits)
- College-level Reading (2 credits)
- Workshops from various campus resources
- Accuplacer pre- and post-test
- Fall course registration at culmination of Summer Academy
- Individual and group tutoring
- Assigned instructional assistant
- One-on-one meetings with faculty
- Assigned EOF advisor/counselor
- Wellness screenings
- Mindfulness exercises
- Referral to other campus offices as needed
Interpersonal Connections & Field Trips
- Summer Academy participants are given the opportunity to participate in a variety of activities and workshops designed to help students establish meaningful conections with students, faculty, and staff.
- Workshops with Sankofa and togetHER
- On- and off-campus field trips
- Connect with continuing EOF students for peer mentorship