50th Anniversary Signature Events
Upcoming Signature Events
MLK Day of Service
Bringing together over 900 students, community members and community partners, the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service is Stockton University’s signature annual day of service.
50th Anniversary Campus Exhibit Unveiling
Celebrate with us as we unveil our 50th Anniversary Campus exhibit.
Stockton Community Day in AC
Participate in a community-wide cleanup and party in O'Donnell Park.
African American Cultural Heritage Short Course
A one-day event celebrating the experiences, arts, culture, and history of African Americans in Southern New Jersey and beyond.
Scholarship Benefit Gala
Find your rhythm and up your tempo with live entertainment, signature cocktails, supreme food and more! Net proceeds from the event support the Stockton University Foundation Benefit Gala Endowed Fund.
Celebrate student success as they begin the next phase of their lives.
June 3 - 5
You won't want to miss "The Reunion" which kicks off Friday, June 3 with a mixer in the Courts. Spend the weekend in the Courts, wake up Saturday to a full day of reuniting with friends, food trucks, local craft beers and live music. The Reunion concludes with Sunday brunch in Lakeside.
September 2 - 6
During Welcome Week, Stockton students are encouraged to declare their future actions/goals on campus and beyond, and will meet people who will support them along the way.
Join speaker Lorraine Bannai, Director Emeritus of the Fred T. Korematsu Center for Law & Equality and Professor Emeritus, Seattle University School of Law, who will present on the topic of Anti-Asian Hatred & Violence.
Join Stockton supporters for a day on the golf course to support the Stockton University Foundation's mission to enrich the student experience.
Fannie Lou Hamer Civil Rights Symposium
Fannie Lou Hamer was a legendary figure in the civil rights movement who helped to organize the Mississippi Freedom Summer voter registration drive for the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee.
October 7 - 10
A celebration for Stockton alumni, students & families.
Hughes Center Honors
The Hughes Center Honors recognizes outstanding New Jerseyans for excellence in their field and for a commitment to public service, civility and bipartisanship that reflects the life and career of Ambassador William J. Hughes.
The Council of Black Faculty & Staff
Celebrating 50 years of Advocacy, The Council of Black Faculty & Staff “Family Reunion Mixer”
Pappas Speaker Series
Established in 2012 by Zoe S. Pappas and the late Stockton University Trustee Dean C. Pappas, the Pappas Visiting Scholar Series brings noted scholars and thought leaders to the University.
Best of the Fest
Stockton University and the Garden State Film Festival will present an hour-long program featuring a selection of favorite short films selected from the last 20 editions of the Garden State Film Festival.
A special celebration honoring the anniversary of Stockton’s groundbreaking.
- Contact Alumni Relations at (609) 652-4469 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how to invite alumni from your club, organization, or academic program to your events throughout the celebration.
- Consider inviting standout students, past members, past presidents or executive board members, residents and more! Alumni Relations is here to help.
- Send an update to alumni on what you’re doing, how your program or organizations has grown, or how they can get involved.
Research the history of your organization
- Reach out to alumni with a survey or encourage them to share a memory on the 50th anniversary website.
- Contact the Stockton Archives and Special Collections, located on the lower level of the library, for help in conducting research.
Challenge people or groups to help accomplish 50 tasks
- Complete 50 hours of community service.
- Raise $50 to support a Stockton cause through the Foundation.
- Ask 50 students, parents, and alumni to make a gift to support your program.
- Create a “Top 50 Moments” list for your organization or department and share it with faculty, staff, and students.
If you are interested in having your event identified as a 50th Anniversary “Signature Event”, please share it with us below and submit the details for consideration.