Clinical Educator Workshop 2019
Let's Hear It for the Leaders... Our Clinical Educators!
Friday, February 8, 2019-Stockton University
Campus Center Event Room 9:00 a.m.-4:15 p.m., Registration begins at 8:30 a.m.
The Clinical Educator Event will provide attendees with the ability to identify and describe leadership qualities in themselves and their student clinicians. They will be able to describe and incorporate strategies to best lead their students through clinical supervision for the benefit of student education and patient outcomes. Attendees will be able to implement methods to show how to promote a growth mindset in their student clinicians, determine best leadership styles to present in the clinical setting, communicate effectively through action inquiry, and make decisions based on the value of knowing the impact leadership has on the supervision of students.
By the end of this one-day educational seminar, participants will be able to:
- Identify the types of mindsets and describe methods to promote a growth mindset in your students.
- Identify examples of interpersonal communication behaviors that influence conversation.
- Differentiate between predictable and unpredictable contexts and challenges and their respective and relevant impact on decision making.
- Receive, respond to, and establish early valuing, or appreciation, with regard to the simple/obvious, complicated, complex, and chaotic domains inherent in the Cynefin Framework.
- Discuss the development of leadership characteristics through interprofessional collaborative practice within the clinical environment.
Continuing Education Credit Information
AOTA: This program is approved for .575 CEUs (Intermediate level); (5.75 contact hours).
ASHA: This program is offered for .55 ASHA CEUs (Intermediate level; Professional area).
NJBPTE: This course has been approved by the NJBPTE for 5.75 continuing education credits. Approval #1810-45
Stockton University is an AOTA Approved Provider of continuing education.
This event is FREE for Stockton affiliates and clinical educators. A fee of $395 will be charged to non-affiliates. Please remember the free discount cannot be shared.
Please complete the registration form and return it to the School of Health Sciences by email, fax, or mail.
If sending back by email, please save the completed pdf form under a different file name first before sending back.
Please bring your electronic device to the workshop
No parking passes will be required
- Lorene Cobb, PT, DPT, MS, PCS, C/NDT, has no relevant financial or nonfinancial relationships to disclose
- Amanda Copes, M.A. CCC-SLP, has no relevant financial or nonfinancial relationships to disclose.
- MaryAnn Schiattarella, MA, CCC SLP, has no relevant financial or nonfinancial relationships to disclose
- Jennifer Calabrese, MOTR, has no relevant financial or nonfinancial relationships to disclose.
- George Sharp, Ed.D. has no relevant financial or nonfinancial relationships to disclose
- Annamarie Valerio, MSN, RN, CCM, FCN has no relevant financial or nonfinancial relationships to disclose
Contact Kent Mayhew at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Please click here for refund policy for continuing education courses