Frequently Asked Questions

Students at Move in Day

To apply for housing, all new students and students not currently residing on campus (commuter students) must submit an online housing acceptance deposit of $150 and complete an online application on the GoStockton Portal.

The University offers several meal plans that provide students with meals. Students should review the Residence Contract and Dining Services Agreement for specific meal plan requirements and types. Students may also visit for more information.Meal plans can be cancelled/switched with no charge up to the first day of classes.Starting the first day of classes, there is a $15.00 switch fee and a $50.00 cancellation fee charged to the student's account. After two weeks from the start of classes no changes can be made to your meal plan. Students residing in housing must visit the "Student Life" Tab in the Go Portal and complete the "Meal Plan Change Form" on the "Residential Life" channel to request a meal plan change. Students NOT residing in housing must email or visit the Bursar's Office in person. A request can only be processed if it meets the meal plan requirement* for your residential area.

*Meal Plan Requirements

  • Residence Hall Students- You must have either a 19, 14, 180 or 150 plan.
  • Apartment 5 Sudents - You must have either a 19, 14, 180, 150, or 25 plan.
  • Seaview Studenets - You must have either a 19, 14, 180, 150, 25 or Seaview plan.
  • Clarion Inn & Suites – You must have the 19, 14, 180, 150, or 25 plan.

Additional questions regarding the mealplan requirement can be directed to Questions regarding housing and meal plan fees can be directed to the Bursar’s Office (609) 652-4597.

Applicants for the fall semester will receive a response after May 1. Applicants for spring semester will receive a response the first week of January. New first-year freshmen or transfer students will receive their housing assignment on August 1. Commuter students will receive their housing assignment on May 22.

Housing deposit fees ($150) and Housing renewal fees ($50) are non-refundable. This includes new Students who are awarded Fall housing and subsequently cancel their housing application prior to receiving their housing assignment. Residents who cancel a housing assignment may incur a $500 cancellation fee. Renewal students who sign the Residence Contract and Dining Services Agreement will not receive their $50 renewal fee and may incur a $500 cancellation fee.

Unfortunately, there is no timeline for students on the priority list to be housed in a specific location or with specific roommates. The priority list is based on a first-come first-serve basis in addition to how many beds are open at any given time. Students will be contacted by the Office of Residential Life via their Stockton email, when their name has been reached on the priority list.

It is possible to sign up for a single room; however, the only available single rooms are in Housing 2 and Housing 5. Single residence room fees are listed on the Bursar's website.

At Stockton University we typically require that all first-year freshmen reside in Housing 2 and Housing 3 because the Office of Residential Life promotes and values the First Year Residential Experience, to better acquaint the incoming students with Stockton University. When space is limited, alternative accommodations in the upperclassman areas may be assigned.

Residential Life does provide the opportunity for students to have roommates who they have acquaintances with. Unfortunately we can not guarantee that all requests will be honored, however we will try to accommodate the requests to the best of our ability.

Microwaves are provided in Housing II, Housing 3, Housing 5 and Housing 6 (Stockton Seaview Resort). Residents residing in Housing 1 or 4 may bring a microwave. They must have a UL listing of 120Volts, 68Hz, and 1.1Kilowatts.

Bed Linens (sheets, pillows and blankets)
  • Housing 1 and 4 (Apts.) - long twin;80"
  • Housing 2 (Res. Halls A-K) long twin;80"
  • Housing 2 Rooms ending in 01 (Res. Halls A-K) - long twin;80"
  • Housing 3 (Res. Halls L-P) - long twin;80"
  • Housing 5 - long twin;80"
  • Housing 6 (Seaview) - Full Size Bed
  • Clarion Inn & Suites - Queen or Full Size Bed (linens provided by Clarion).

No person shall possess, maintain, house, harbor, or have custody or control of any pet/animal while on University property. With the consent of your roommate(s) and approval from the Director of Residential Life or designee, the only pet you may have in your room or apartment is fish.

If you are living in Housing 2 or 3 you will check in at the A-100 Office located next to the Townsend and Residential Life Center. If you are moving into Housing 1, 4 or 5 you will check in at the Lakeside Lodge behind Cedar Court. If you are moving into the Seaview Resort, you will check in at the Seaview Resort in the designated student check in location provided to you in your assignment letter. If you are moving into the Clarion Inn and Suites Hotel, you will check in at the Clarion Inn and Suites front desk or in the designated student check in location provided to you in your assignment letter. You will receive your key(s), A Guide To Residential Life, The Student Handbook, and sign a housing contract.

Yes, Housing 2, Housing 3, Housing 6 (Seaview Resort), and the Clarion Inn & Suites are furnished with beds, desk, a chair, and a closet/dresser. Housing I and IV are furnished with four to five beds, chairs, desks, a long couch, two individual living room chairs, a refrigerator, stove/oven, a kitchen table, air conditioning, heating, and carpeted apartments. Housing V is furnished with four beds, chairs, desks, a long couch, two individual living room chairs, a refrigerator, a stationary kitchen table, air conditioning, heating, and tiled floors.

To help protect the safety of persons and property, the following key policy has been instituted for lost and borrowed keys: Room locks will automatically be changed. The person losing the room/ apartment key will be charged $50.00 for the lost key(s) and the room’s lock change. This is a non-refundable charge that will be billed to the student’s account and this charge doubles with each subsequent offense.

If a resident loses his/her student ID card, he/she must immediately go to Go Portal to manage my ID. During the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday during the academic year, students must go to the Bursar’s Office to pay the $25.00 fee for a replacement ID card.

Washers and dryers are located in E-15 of the Housing I apartment complex, on the first floor of A and K Buildings in Housing 2, on each floor in Housing 3, in Building 81 in Housing 4 and state-of-the-art laundry facilities are located on the first floor of each building in Housing 5 and the Clarion Inn*, as well as, each floor at the Seaview Resort. These washers and dryers are a cashless system since tokens or coins are not required to operate them. All residential students pay for this cashless laundry service as part of their housing fees. The washers and dryers in the housing facilities are for the exclusive use of residential students only. The hours of operation are 24/7. Students who are connected to the campus internet can access the status of their laundry or availability of machines by following these instructions.  Once you have established a Maytag Connect 360 account, access the site here.

Smoking is not permitted in any campus building including the residences. Smoking is permitted in Gazebos and designated areas.

Students Name
Mailbox #
Stockton University
101 Vera King Farris Drive
Galloway NJ 08205-9441

Mailboxes are located in lower E-wing in between the bookstore and the print shop. Any questions regarding mail facilities must be forwarded to the mailroom staff. The mail room opens at 11:00am daily.

The college does not insure the personal belongings of students in the apartments and residence halls. It is highly recommended that you check to see if you are covered by your parents' homeowners insurance or purchase a renter's policy yourself.

Visit the Plant Management website. The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey, Plant Management Office uses a robust system called SchoolDude to mange all work orders.

Visit the Housing Portal accessible from the Student Life tab in the GoStockton Portal and submit the guest information. Within the Housing Portal, at the top of the page, you will see the “Visitors” tab Follow the instructions to “Register New Visitor". To learn more about Guest/Visitor policies, please read the Guide to Residential Life.
Start with your RA. Next, schedule an appointment to speak with your Complex Director to discuss your request. Be sure to review the housing fees before making a move request. Housing fees vary by location. Location preferences are strongly considered, but cannot be guaranteed since they are based on availability. There is a strict room change freeze during the first two weeks and the last two weeks of each semester. The room change freeze helps the Office of Residential Life process assignments for new students.

There is a team of master’s level professional staff members who live and work on campus. There are seven Complex Directors, each of whom are assigned to assist the students in a particular residential area. Among other things, the Complex Directors hire, train, and supervise the RA team, oversee the residential judicial proceedings, share 24 hour emergency on-call responsibilities, and assist students with difficult situations.

I am having trouble in my room with my roommate(s), how can I get advice? Seek out your RA. Depending on the situation, the RA will either advise you on how to talk to your roommate(s) or provide additional on campus resources. You may speak with your Complex Director, who is a live-in professional available to respond to incidents and assist you with difficult residential situations.

Check out the Guide to Residential Life to learn more about the residential renewal process, including the mandatory renewal information session dates.
There is typically a $500 cancellation fee if you choose to cancel your housing after you have been assigned to a specific location (location notifications are sent by email to a student’s Stockton College email address). Cancellations must be requested in writing using the online Housing Contract Cancellation Form. The $500 cancelation fee is waived for residential students who provide documentation regarding study abroad or the Disney internship.