Performance Assessment Review (PAR)
It is important that you understand the purpose and the process for the Performance Assessment Review (PAR) program. The program provides an excellent opportunity for you and your supervisor to communicate about job performance, job satisfaction, and plans for your future performance. Performance management, through the PAR program, is used to define, assess, and enhance employee performance and operational outcomes. It helps you understand organizational goals and your role in achieving those goals and serving the University.
The following information and tools were created to give you an overall understanding of the PAR program. Whether you are the person being evaluated or the supervisor who is conducting the performance evaluation, you will find the information and tools helpful. Included is information that will provide you with a thorough understanding of the PAR process, the PAR evaluation forms, and a catalog of performance factors used in the rating process.
PAR Evaluation Forms (pdf fillable):
- Supervisor Form Cycle 2018-2019 - for employees with supervisory responsibilities
- Employee Form Cycle 2018-2019 - for employees in non-supervisory roles
For Managers/supervisors conducting evaluations:
- PAR Process Timeline (2017-2018 Cycle)
- Understanding the PAR Evaluation Process (on-line tutorial)
- Completing the PAR Evaluation Form (on-line tutorial)
- PAR Performance Factor Compendium
For Employees being evaluated:
Is your department using the NJ ePAR system and you need help with the system?
We stand at the ready to assist you with all of your HR needs and questions.
- Click here to view the full list of HR staff including notes on who can help you with what
- Or, call us at 609-652-4384
- Or stop by our suite in J-115
We look forward to getting you what you need, answering your questions, and/or connecting you with the HR/Payroll team member that can best help you.