Employee Development and Training
It is the policy of the University that the education and training of our employees enhance both individual and organizational performance. This enables us to achieve our institutional goals. Therefore, it is the commitment of the University to train and develop our employees to improve their skill and ability in both their current position and for future promotion. This page includes information and resources on online and in-person training opportunities for employees related to diversity, leadership development, professional development, operational efficiency, and compliance. There is also information on coaching and consulting opportunities to improve and enhance performance of individuals, teams, and divisions.
Training Opportunities & Services sponsored by OHR
The Stockton University Training Council is a visionary, planning, working, and advisory body that serves to help shape and guide the overall strategy for employee training at Stockton and advise the HR team on employee training needs, gaps, challenges, and compliance requirements. Additionally, the council works to coordinate the development, timing, and communication of all training opportunities for employees with the goal of increasing efficiency, effectiveness, variety, and impact of training and development opportunities offered and available. The council strives to promote a culture of innovation, collaboration, communication, and compliance and is comprised of constituents from across campus who coordinate or offer training and learning opportunities for employees of the university. Contact Christy Cunningham for more information on this council.
Are you a department head who is planning an annual retreat, professional development session, or have a team management challenge you would like to address? Contact Christy Cunningham for more information on this service.
Additional Training Resources
The Campus Police department offers a page of online training resources related to personal safety and crime prevention.
- Check the Campus Police page to review topics available.
The Disbursement Services office offers online resources and trainings related to P-cards, paying bills, using Banner, following travel procedures, etc.
- Check the Disbursement Services page for these resources and more.
The Office of E-Learning provides resources and support around the delivery of technology enhanced instructional experiences.
- Check the E-Learning page for resources and tools.
The Information Technolgy Services division offers on-going technology training courses for faculty, staff, and students.
Check the ITS page for options, dates, and times.
The Institute for Faculty Development offers teaching resource and other supports for faculty and instructors.
- Check the IFD site to explore resources.
Murphy Writing of Stockton University offers programs in the US and around the world to help writers develop their craft. When writers immerse themselves in these challenging and supportive workshops and an encouraging community, they often make breakthroughs in their art. The Winter Poetry & Prose Getaway, founded in 1994, is the flagship program, attracting more than 200 poets and writers from across the country each year.
The NJ Civil Service Commission offers a variety of classroom and eLearning training courses with public employees in mind.
- Check the NJCSC website to explore opportunities.
The Risk Management & Environment/Health/Safety Office offers both mandatory and option training opportunities related to employee safety.
- Check the RMEHS page for training regulations and options.
The Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Center offers resources and training resources related to diversity, gender & sexual, and women's issues.
- Check the WGSC page for resources.
- Fred Pryor Seminars (To enroll call 1-800-556-2998 or on-line at www.pryor.com)
- LORMAN Education Services (to enroll go to www.lorman.com)
- SkillPath Seminars (To enroll, call 1-800-873-7545 or on-line at www.skillpath.com)
- National Seminars Group (Enroll on-line at www.NationalSeminarsTraining.com or call 1.800.258.7246)
- Learning Tree Management Institute (to enroll call 1-888-THE-TREE or on-line at www.learningtree.com)
We stand at the ready to assist you with all of your training and development needs and questions.
- Click here to view the full list of HR staff including notes on who can help you with what
- Or, call us at 609-652-4384
- Or stop by our suite in J-115
We look forward to getting you what you need, answering your questions, and/or connecting you with the HR/Payroll team member that can best help you.