U.S. Travel Team Application
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY: Complete the electronic application below before Friday November 10, 2017 for the first round of acceptances. Notifications will be sent on or around Friday November 17th. Rolling applications will be accepted after this date, pending availability.
Please note: you can take course credit for the Spring 2018 NY conference. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions. The course is POLS 2276: UN Experience and students will meet every Wednesday from 2:10pm-3:25pm in addition to the Thursday 4:30pm-5:50pm regular weekly meeting time.
Conditions and Requirements to Apply:
- Attend ALL club meetings in the semester of the conference every Thursday at 4:30pm in G-203 (a no tolerance rule)
- If you are enrolled in the 4-credit course, you are also required to attend an class meeting on Wednesday from 2:10pm-3:25pm.
- Complete and submit all assignments required by Stockton Model UN Head Delegates and Faculty Advisor (e.g., position papers, country background worksheets, draft speeches); please note: you will be enrolled in a Model UN Blackboard section with all required materials posted here
- Attend and participate in ALL club events in the semester that you are selected to attend a conference
- Participate at ALL conference-related events while traveling (a no tolerance policy)
- Follow NMUN Rules
- Follow code of conduct and dress code as described in the NMUN Delegate Guide
- Abide by Stockton University’s Code of Conduct and Bias Free rules and regulations.
- Submit the required payment of approximately $130 to Student Development before February 1, 2018 (please note: this amount is subject to change pending Student Senate action; fundraising opportunities are available in Fall 2017)
New York City March 25-29, 2018 In 2018, Stockton will be taking two teams to NMUN-NYB in New York City from Sunday March 25-Thursday March 29th:
- TEAM 1 AUSTRIA: This is a Joint Japan-Stockton Team consisting of 10 students from the Japan Model United Nations (JMUN) Association and 10 students from Stockton. Each Stockton student will pair with a Japanese student and begin preparing over winter break via Google. Yuna Takeshita- Director General and Head Delegate of the 35th Japanese Delegation and Dominic Tierno, Stockton Head Delegate, will lead a total of 18 Delegates. Please note: if you hope to attend NMUN-NY and be a part of this joint team, you are required to host the Japanese team on Stockton’s campus from Wednesday March 14th at 9am - Saturday March 17th at 4pm during spring break. During these four days, you will train with your Japanese partner and take 1-2 day trips together in Philadelphia and the surrounding area. On Saturday March 17th, the Japanese group will go to NYC by themselves and you will meet up with them again in NYC on Sunday March 25th, the first day of the conference.
- TEAM 2 NICARAGUA: This team of 18 Delegates and 2 Head Delegates will consist of all Stockton students; students will be paired on each UN committee.
Please note: Briefings with country offices and/or UN offices will be part of the conference. In 2017, our students met with UN-Women, India’s Ambassador to the UN, and the UN Panel of Auditors. In DC, our students met with two officers at the DPRK desk in the State Department. Briefings are an integral part of the MUN experience!
The application for NY 2018 is due Wednesday November 8th, 2017. Rolling applications will be accepted after this date, pending availability.