Testing, Note Taking & Alt Text
Alternative Text Process
The Learning Access Program encourages students that need alternative texts to get their request in advance of the semester to ensure that files will be available prior to the start of the semester. Requests can be made at any time, but will be processed in order of request. To request an alternate text please complete the Alternate Format Textbook Request Form. Send the completed form (COMING SOON) and a copy of your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once a request is received, LAP staff will try and locate the book in audio or text format through Learning Ally. If the textbook cannot be located, scanning of the textbook may be required. Textbooks will have the binding cut off, be scanned to a pdf file, and rebound with a plastic spiral binding. Upon receipt of the pdf you are encouraged to check it against the printed text in case their was an error in the file.
Note Taking Process
Students who receive note taking services can retrieve their notes online either through the Stockton portal or through a direct link.
- There are two ways to access your notes in the online Accommodate system. Steps 2 and 3 demonstrate how to access Accommodate through the portal. Steps 4 and 5 provide a direct link to the system.
- Sign into your goStockton portal account and click on the Student_Life tab.
- On the right side is the Wellness Center channel. Under Accommodate Portal there will be a link to take you to the accommodate portal homepage.
- Go to https://stockton-accommodate.symplicity.com/sso/students/
- You will be directed to sign into Symplicity Accommodate using your Stockton portal username and password.
- Once you sign into Accommodate you will see your account.
- Click on Note-Taker Network.
- On this page you will see either Note Dropoff or Note Library. To retrieve your notes, click on Note Library.
- Pick the course you want to obtain notes and hit apply search.
Testing Accommodation Process
If a student has a testing accommodation, they should discuss the scheduling of the exams with their faculty and together complete the Testing Accommodation Scheduling Form. Up to four exams can be scheduled on each form at a time. Once the form is completed, it is requested that the student schedule their exam with the Learning Access Program receptionist 48 hours prior to the start of the exam. Once the test is schedule with the Learning Access Program, it may not be changed by the student. If a date or time needs to be adjusted the professor should contact the office with the updated information.
- Obtain and complete a Testing Accommodation Scheduling Form online or in the Learning Access Program office, Main Campus J-204.
- Students should complete the front of the form then give the form to the professor to complete the back of the form.
- Up to four exams can be scheduled on each form at a time.
- The student and the professor agree on a day and time to take the test that is within the Learning Access Program's scheduled testing hours, taking into consideration student schedule and accommodations.
- Upon completion of the testing form, the form should be returned to the Learning Access
Program, Main Campus J-204, preferably at least 48 hours prior to the agreed upon
date and schedule the exam.
- Failure to return the completed form and/or schedule the exam in advance may require you to reschedule the exam, based on availability of proctors, readers, and/or scribes, upon professor approval.
- Once the test is scheduled, the date and time may not be changed by the student.
Expectations at the time of the exam:
- Be on time for your exam. Your time for the exam begins at the time the exam was scheduled and will not be increased if you are late.
- Cubbies are provided in the testing room to house your items.
- Contact the Learning Access Program immediately if you cannot attend your scheduled exam or if the exam was canceled.
Test Proctoring Schedule
During fall and spring semesters, the Learning Access Program exam room follows the University's calendar and school closures. The testing room is available by appointment only at the times below.
|Monday||8:30am - 4:30pm||Thursday||8:30am - 4:30pm|
|Tuesday||8:30am - 4:30pm||Friday||8:30am - 4:30pm|
|Wednesday||8:30am - 4:30pm|
Finals Proctoring Schedule
In an effort to provide accommodated testing for students registered with LAP during finals week, the Learning Access Program has extended testing hours. The testing room is available by appointment at the times below.
|Monday, April 30||8:00am - 7:00pm||Thursday, May 3||8:00am - 7:00pm|
|Tuesday, May 1||8:00am - 7:00pm||Friday, May 4||8:00am - 4:30pm|
|Wednesday, May 2||8:00am - 7:00pm|