If you are a victim of sexual violence:
- Get to a safe place.
- Do not bathe, shower, douche or change your clothes prior to reporting an assault to the police or seeking medical attention. This could greatly assist any investigation of the incident.
- It is recommended that you do not eat, drink, smoke, or urinate in order to preserve evidence.
- Get immediate medical attention for possible injuries, sexually transmitted diseases and pregnancy. A medical exam allows evidence to be collected by a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner.
- Talk to someone you trust so that you are not alone.
- Believe in yourself. You are not to blame for someone else’s actions.
- Give yourself time to heal.
- Seek professional help.
The New Jersey Campus Sexual Assault Victim’s Bill of Rights (NJSA 18A:61 E-1 et. seq.) provides additional information for victims of sexual assault.
Interim measures should minimize the burden on the complainant while respecting the rights of the accused. These measures must be sufficient effective action to fully eliminate a sexually hostile or violent environment, prevent its recurrence, and address its effects.
Interim measures include, but may not be limited to:
- No contact orders
- Academic adjustments, such as changing class schedules
- Housing or room reassignments
- Adjust in work assignments if the complainant works on campus
- Transportation adjustments, such as usage adjustments on Stockton-owned or operated buses
On-Campus Support Services
Confidential On-Campus Resources
Women’s, Gender and Sexuality Center, F - 103 | 609.626.3611
Counseling Services, J - 204 | 609.652.4722
Health Services, WQ - 08 | 609.652.4701 (licensed physicians and nurses only)
Other On-Campus Resources
- Military and Veteran Services, F109 | 609.652.4316
- Dean of Students, Campus Center Suite 243 | 609.652.4645
- Human Resources (for employees), J115 | 609.652.4645
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Institutional Compliance, L-214 Main Campus | 609.652.4693
- Residential Life, A100 | 609.652.4332 or 4697
- University Police Department, Building 71 (across from North Lot) | 609.652.4390
- Financial Aid, Campus Center Suite 201 | 609.652.4203
Stockton University's Title IX Coordinator is:
Interim Director of Title IX & EEO Office of Equal Opportunity and Institutional Compliance
L-214 Main Campus