International Graduate Student Admission


Stockton University is proud to welcome F-1 international students to our diverse and multicultural student body!

International Applicants interested in pursuing one of the graduate degree programs listed below at Stockton University must submit a complete application to receive consideration for admission. Complete credentials should be filed before March 15 (for most programs) to receive consideration for the Fall term. There is limited availability for Spring enrollment for students applying from outside the country. Therefore, students should apply as early as possible for the Spring, but no later than November 1 for full consideration. 

International students can apply to the following graduate programs only:

*International students applying for an online program or registering for an online course from outside the U.S. with the intent to stay outside of the U.S. are not required to obtain a visa and therefore, do not need to complete the required paperwork for an I-20.

**International students interested in applying to the Doctoral of Physical Therapy, M.S. in Communication Disorders, or the M.S. in Occupational Therapy programs must apply via the respective Centralized Application System (CAS). Please visit those program websites for instructions.

The following graduate programs are not currently receiving international applications (from F1 or J1 visa holders): 
M.A. in Education 
M.S./P.S.M in Coastal Zone Management 
M.S. in Nursing
Master of Public Health
Doctor of Nursing Practice
Ed.D in Organizational Leadership 

Please visit your individual Graduate Program's Website for additional application requirements and deadlines.

International applicants applying to a graduate program that is offered face-to-face must complete the following steps for admission.

1. Submit the Online Graduate Application. International applicants must complete the Online Graduate Application including essay, resume, and pay the non-refundable $50 application fee (DPT, MSCD, and MSOT applicants complete the CAS Application).  The following deadlines are for most non-health related programs:

    • The deadline to apply for the Spring is November 1
    • The deadline to apply for the Fall is March 15

2. Submit graduate-level standardized test scores.  The GRE, GMAT, or MAT may be required for admission depending on the graduate program (school code: 2889). Visit the Standardized Testing Information Website for details about these tests and registration information.

3. Submit three letters of recommendation. These letters are sent electronically via your online application. Please visit the Graduate Program's Website to view additional requirements specific to your prospective graduate program. 

4. Submit official transcripts/secondary school records. International applicants must hold a degree equivalent to a 4-year U.S. bachelor's degree from a college or university recognized as an institution of higher education in the respective country. All foreign transcripts and credentials must be evaluated by a credential evaluation agency and sent directly to us. Stockton University will accept transcript evaluations provided by World Education Services (WES) or Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE), or Span Tran. Please contact the approved credential evaluation agencies directly. Please send these records along with any other application materials, forms and supporting documents must be completed in English and mailed directly to:

Stockton University
Office of Graduate Admissions
101 Vera King Farris Drive
Galloway, NJ 08205

5. Submit Proof of English Proficiency. Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System's (IELTS) scores or ELS Certificate level 112 must be submitted by students from non-English speaking countries (country exemptions). Those who have passed a course in regular English Composition (not English as a Second Language, not English for Foreign Students, etc.) at a US or Canadian college or university with at least a “B” are not required to submit TOEFL or IELTS.  Stockton's Institution Code is 2889.

1. Application for I-20

In order for Stockton University to issue a Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant F-1 Student Status (Form I-20), the applicant and sponsor(s) must read and follow the instructions accurately. Stockton University is required by the Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to collect evidence that the applicant will have sufficient funds while studying in the US. Click here to learn more about maintaining lawful status: 

2. Affidavit of Support

This document shows the source of the funds you intend to use to fund your education. Each sponsor should fill out an affidavit completely, sign and date it.  If the student is using his/her own money he/she should fill out the affidavit and indicate that they will be supporting themselves. An official seal from a bank or notary public must be affixed in order for the document to be valid. All affidavits must be in English and funds must be indicated in US currency.

Bank statement(s) with enough funding to cover your educational and personal expenses must be provided. The official bank statement (or letter on official letterhead) must be:

  • in the sponsor’s name (or the student’s),
  • must be in English
  • must show exact US dollar amounts (NOT statements such as “The sponsor has sufficient funds”)
  • must be less than 6 months old

Acceptable are letters from employers verifying annual income in US dollars and copies of income tax forms.  The following are NOT ACCEPTABLE:  proof of property ownership or income from investments.

To view the most up-to-date tuition/fees for an estimated cost of graduate attendance at Stockton, please visit the Bursar's Office website.

3. Affidavit for Free Room and Board

If a sponsor in the US will be providing free room and meals while the student studies at Stockton, the sponsor must sign a statement declaring they will provide free room and board. Otherwise, the student must apply for Stockton University Housing and pay the additional housing deposit.

4.  Other Important Information

To ensure that you have all of the necessary paperwork and required documentation, please review the International Graduate Admissions Checklist.  If you are already studying in the U.S. as an F-1 student, please complete the F-1 International Graduate Student Transfer Form and review the requirements needed to transfer to another university in the U.S.  Please also review the Study in the States guide  on the Homeland Security Website.   

Documents not in English must be accompanied by a translation verified by a language professor or professional translation. Since we cannot guarantee the return of any credentials submitted in support of your application, we suggest that you supply certified true copies of any document that is irreplaceable.  A certified true copy of a document is a photocopy made from an original document, upon which an educational or consular official has affixed his/her signature and official seal, and has indicated that it is an attested true copy of the original document.

All application materials, forms and supporting documents must be completed in English and mailed to:

Stockton University
Office of Graduate Admissions 
101 Vera King Farris Drive,
Galloway, NJ 08205

For questions or concerns, please email