State Law Immunization Requirements:
New Jersey law requires that every graduate and undergraduate student who is enrolled full-time or part-time in a course of study leading to an academic degree at any four year public or independent institution of higher education in New Jersey is required to provide evidence of immunization as a prerequisite for enrollment and for residing on campus.
- Measles - Two doses of live measles virus vaccine (at least 30 days apart), or any vaccine combination containing live measles virus vaccine on or after the student's first birthday.
- Mumps - One dose of live mumps virus vaccine, or any vaccine combination containing live mumps virus vaccine on or after the student's first birthday.
- Rubella - One dose of live rubella virus vaccine, or any vaccine combination containing live rubella virus vaccine on or after the student's first birthday.
- Hepatitis B - Three dose series or the two dose adolescent series (must specify Recombivax and been given between ages 11-15) accepted.
- Documented laboratory evidence of immunity to Measles, Mumps, and Rubella or Hepatitis B may be submitted in place of above vaccines.
- Meningitis - All students under the age of 19 must show documentation of one dose of the meningococcal vaccine (protecting against the following strains: A, C, Y, and W-135) received on or after the student's 16th birthday, regardless of whether they are residential students or not.
- Increased Risk Students:
- Based on the Meningitis Survey response, students also may be required to provide documentation of a completed series of Meningitis & Meningitis B regardless or age or residential status.
In addition to meeting the above requirements, all students intending to reside in any college housing facility must submit evidence of immunization regardless of age for:
- Meningitis - One dose of meningococcal meningitis vaccine given on or after the student's 16th birthday. Proof of vaccination must be presented prior to receiving your key.
- Fall Entry
- General Requirements: June 1
- Residential Requirements: June 1
- Spring Entry
- Due two weeks after enrollment and/or housing deposit submission
Failure to comply with requirements and deadlines will prevent course registration and/or housing eligibility.
Exemptions to the Above Immunization Requirements:
- Students age 31 or older
- Certain medical conditions in which immunizations pose a health risk.
- Clearly proscribed and documented religious exclusions.
- Should an infectious disease outbreak occur, the college may require students without documented evidence of immunity to stay away from the campus until the outbreak is over and students are cleared to return.
Medical Exemption set forth in N.J.A.C. 8:57-6.9
(Physician must write the request for exemption indicating medical contra-indication for exemption)
Religious Exemption set forth in N.J.A.C. 8:57-6.10
(Students age 18 and older must write the request, under 18 years of age, parent must write request)
Please submit supporting evidence for the above exemptions to the Office of Health Services.
Instructions for Submission of Documentation:
Immunization forms are included in the admission packet. If you need an additional form click on Immunization Forms below and print out documents.
Fill in all information requested. Missing or unclear information will delay processing of these requirements.
The section for healthcare providers must be completed, signed, and stamped by a healthcare provider. Forms signed by students or parent/guardian will not be accepted. All forms must be submitted in English or include a notarized translation.
All forms must be mailed to the address listed below, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org,or faxed to 609.626.5586 prior to deadline. Your student Z# should be included on these forms. Do not submit documentation to any other department.
Immunization documentation from a high school or other college/university will be accepted in place of the forms below. Copies of original immunization records from health departments or other countries will also be accepted. Please do not send originals. They will not be returned! Your student Z# should be included on these forms.
If laboratory titers are submitted, a copy of actual laboratory results must be sent with the completed forms.
If the student chooses to request a religious exemption to immunizations, a letter must be submitted in addition to theRequest for Medical or Religious Exemption from Vaccination Requirements form from the enrolled student stating specific religious doctrine that prohibits immunization. Letters from parents or religious leaders will not be accepted.
Individuals in need of a medical exemption for immunizations must submit a written statement from their healthcare provider that immunization is contraindicated due to a valid medical condition.
All completed forms should be mailed to:
Attn: Office of Health Services WQ 108
101 Vera King Farris Drive
Galloway, NJ 08205
Additional Information for Immunizations:
- Meningitis Immunization Information
- The Centers for Disease Control
- American College Health Association
Records Release Form:
To authorize the college to disclose health information or immunization records, please print and fill-out the PDF form available below. You can submit the completed form to the Health Services Office in person, by mail or by fax. Records that are requested in person will be given to you at that time. Requested copy of records by mail or fax, will be returned to you by mail only. Please include copy of photo identification.
Contact the Office of Health Services, West Quad Building, Suite 108, by telephone at (609) 652-4701 or email email@example.com.