Spring Transfer Information

If you are an incoming transfer student to Stockton University, you need to do and be aware of several processes..Financial Aid does not carry over from institution to institution.

Complete and submit your annual Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as normal. List Stockton as one of your college choices.

If you have already completed a FAFSA but did not request that the data be sent to Stockton (we were not listed as one of your colleges), you can have the information forwarded to the College by making the correction online:

  • Login at https://fafsa.ed.gov/
  • Login as a "returning user" and make your FAFSA College Choice Correction
  • Add Stockton Federal School Code is 009345 and resubmit.

If you received a New Jersey Tuition Aid Grant (TAG) or State scholarship, you must notify the Higher Education for Student Assistance Authority (HESAA) of your plan to transfer.

You may change your college choice online at HESAA.ORG.

  • Stockton's School Code 009345. This will allow the funds to be sent to Stockton.

March 1st is the deadline for submitting college code changes to HESAA for the Spring semester.

If you received a Stafford Loan during the Fall semester, your former school will conduct an Exit Counseling with you in which you will receive more information.

Additionally, if your previous school gave you a Perkins loan, contact their loan collections office to complete an in-school deferment form.

If you were chosen for federal verification at your previous college and completed the process, you would still need to complete Stockton's verification procedures as well. We will contact you and inform you of the required documents to complete verification.

If you need additional funds to pay for your educational expenses, then you may want to consider applying for an Alternative loan. Please try our Alternative/Private loan calculator to determine the amount of funds you will need to borrow. Remember to borrow conservatively.

If you were a NJ STARS recipient upon graduation from your county college it is important that you follow the above processes within the required deadlines and provide our Admissions office with your transcript that indicates that you have earned your associates degree with a GPA of 3.25 or higher. see also NJ STARS II.