Stockton has been named by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a Great College to Work For! Specifically Stockton was recognized in two categories:
- Teaching Environment (Faculty Only)
- Tenure Clarity & Process (Faculty Only/4-year Only)
Click here to learn more about this honor and view all recognized institutions.
Stockton University has a commitment to Excellence in Education. As a unit within the University, the Office of Human Resources is committed to attracting, encouraging and retaining a qualified workforce to support the mission of the University. Our major goal is to assist management in the most effective use of their most important resource, the employees of the University. We support the University’s commitment to cultural diversity and foster a sense of community and a welcoming campus environment.
|Days:||Monday - Friday|
8:00AM - 5:00PM
The Office of Human Resources is responsible for the following:
- Development, implementation and interpretation of Human Resource policies and programs.
- Assist the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations in the statewide negotiation process and assist in the negotiation of local agreements.
- Maintain a stable labor-relations environment.
- Recruit and process promotional procedures for civil service employees in accordance with state regulations.
- Enrollment and orientation of all new employees to benefits entitlements, including pension benefits.
- Provide training and development opportunities for staff and faculty.
- Establishment and maintenance of accurate employee records and human resource information systems.
- Coordinates all human resource legal matters with the Office of the Attorney General.